By Bobby M.
In case you missed any of the news from May 19th through May 21st, here is a brief recap regarding much of what happened. Not everything will have a hyperlink, so if you would like more information, please highlight and google it.
The main story for the weekend is mainly due to the attempt the White House is making to pump it up with as much pomp and circumstance as possible so as to deflect attention away from obstruction of justice claims with James Comey and leaking info to the Russians: Trump’s visit to Saudia Arabia. Will anyone notice that he is just saying what people want to hear considering it is the complete opposite of everything he campaigned for during the election? Unfortunately the next big story is again North Korea. They had yet another ballistic missile test while also claiming that they learned all kinds of meaningful date from said test before stating the types of missiles used are ready for mass production.
The rest of what is listed below may have been harder to hear details about…
- So many people wished that a joke on Saturday Night Live was real in how Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Tom Hanks announced a 2020 presidential run. Johnson has flirted with actual political campaign talk recently before the SNL appearance and Tom Hanks would actually make a good celebrity-to-politician conversion if he were to actually go through with it
- Trump’s budget proposal has leaked before it’s unveiling later this week and it proves yet again he is against the poor and middle classes
- A mass rally in Venezuela to combat political corruption led to violent clashes
- A string of multiple car bombs in Iraq killed more than 50 people over the weekend. ISIS has claimed responsibility
- Cronyism is seen again from the White House when Newt Gingrich’s wife is named the ambassador to the Vatican
- Horseracing will not have a Triple Crown winner this year as Cloud Computing won the Preakness
- A video of a sea lion pulling a girl into the water went viral
- Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani has won the country’s presidential election with some 57 percent of the total vote in re-election
- Huma Abedin official files for divorce from Anthony Weiner
- At least 20 Afghan policemen were killed in Taliban ambushes in south central Afghanistan
- Jason Chaffetz claims individuals leaking information to the media should be arrested. Apparently he forgot about how he leaked a private memo of Clinton to the public that swayed the election. Could that be connected to his retirement from congress at the end of June?
- The co-founder of Twitter thinks that it is “Very bad” that the social media outlet helped get Trump elected
- Even though more evidence has come out against Michael Flynn, Trump is privately telling people that it was a mistake to fire him at all
- It was announced that Comey will publicly testify before congress and that he plans to say Trump tried to influence the Russia investigation
- More information leaked with Trump’s Russia summit in the White House where he told them “great pressure” was relieved after the firing of James Comey
- As more Americans disapprove of Trump’s handling of the FBI and concerns over him leaking classified Israeli info to the Russians, his job approval poll numbers reflect the lowest ever since the inauguration