By Bobby M.
In case you missed any of the news from April 21st through April 23rd, here is a brief recap regarding much of what happened. Not everything will have a hyperlink, so if you would like more information, please highlight and google it.
Because of how much Trump and what he has pushed the republican party into further regarding rejecting science and facts, there were marches all over the world to support science, which is the big story for the weekend. This happened in conjunction with Earth Day, which is recognized as April 22nd, because of the Trump administration’s embrace of climate change denial. This weekend also marked the beginning of France’s presidential elections. In the run-off between the two final candidates, let us hope the French reject the Putin puppet, unlike America. With comments this past Friday, Trump attempted to sway the election in Le Pen’s favor when he weighed in on the recent ISIS provoked shooting and how it could affect the election.
The rest of what is listed below may have been harder to hear details about…
- After disguising themselves as soldiers, the Taliban attacked a military compound in Afghanistan and killed at least 100 people
- The U.S. government officially denied a request from Exxon when the company asked for a waiver to drill in Russia since they are currently denied doing so because of economic sanctions placed due to the annexation of Crimea
- After touring the world to try and make the Trump administration look better internationally, Mike Pence cut the trip short
- Trump spoke with China’s Xi and Japan’s Abe on Sunday regarding North Korea
- North Korea threatened to sink a U.S. aircraft carrier
- North Koreans are reportedly experiencing long lines at the gas pump, which supports claims that China is withholding fuel supplies in an effort to put pressure on North Korea to lower their rhetoric
- Florida state senator who used racial slur against black colleagues resigns
- Trump orders Secretary of Treasury Steve Mnuchin to look into how to dismantle Dodd-Frank Wall Street regulations
- Fired acting Attorney General Sally Yates has been invited to testify to congress regarding Trump’s connections to Russia
- Alex Jones, the godfather of Fake News and Trump confidant, asks the media to act “respectful and responsible” because of his custody trial
- A report came out saying that Loretta Lynch did not want Comey to announce his now infamous Clinton letter to congress because of worry it would alter election
- During the Sunday political TV news talk circuit, the Trump administration threatened how they will get the border wall funded
- Trump defended his embrace of climate change denial in response to the March for Science