By Bobby M.
Every Wednesday night, Jason Taylor, better known as @HahnAmerica and the founder of EatPrayVote.org hosts a radio show along with @ChuckNellis and his wife @laweez to discuss the week in politics. They each will give the point of view from a moderate, a conservative, and a liberal. You can catch the most recent episode when you follow this link (as well as its preview) and older podcasts can be found here.
Here are some of the possible topics that I hope they discuss tonight…
- Today is Vietnam Veterans Day due to the 44th anniversary of the final soldier leaving. Thank you to all of those veterans, and any others listening to the show
- The GOP Healthcare replacement bill failed miserably due to it not doing anything other than providing major tax breaks for the super rich
- Between the democrats knowing the Affordable Care Act is currently the best option for Americans, the Freedom Caucus wanting a full repeal, and GOP congressmen in expanded Medicaid coverage states where ACA works the best not wanting to risk upsetting their constituency, there was no way the replacement bill had a chance to work
- Trump wanted to blame everyone else but himself for the failure even though he has become the face for “Repeal and replace” when he was touting his negotiating skills incessantly
- The bulk of the blame fell onto Paul Ryan, who Trump used Fox News to cowardly tell him to step down as House Majority leader
- Darth Bannon is trying to resurrect the attempt to make another run at “Repeal and replace”
- Will anyone listen to the fact that polls of the American population call for ACA to remain and just be improved/adjusted?
- What in the heck is going on with Representative Devin Nunes (CA)? First he said there was no intelligence that said Obama ordered the wiretapping of Trump Tower, and then after a series of weird events where he did not brief the House Intelligence committee, disappeared out of an Uber, and ditching his staff all to give the Trump administration a heads up on the Russiagate investigation and a way for them to try and verify false claims. He apologized to the committee, but it was not enough as many are calling for him to recuse himself from the investigation. He refused and Paul Ryan is backing him on it (obviously)
- More reports are coming out connecting Trump to Russia, including one from USA Today documenting all of the oligarchs with direct connections to him and the mafia
- Sean Spicer lost it in a recent White House briefing over a reporter just shaking her head
- The Bridgegate sentences were handed out today. How did Chris Christie avoid being prosecuted himself?
- Are democrats really willing to give up the filibuster over Neil Gorsuch and risk not being able to use it anymore with an authoritarian in the White House?
- Major League Baseball team the Washington Nationals offered Opening Day first pitch to Trump. He turned it down because he is afraid the crowd would boo him
- The latest Gallop poll on Trump’s approval rating has him at 36%
These things and many others may be talked about on their show. A preview of the show can be read about here. Tune in and see, or better yet, call in and ask for yourself.