By Bobby M.
Every Wednesday night, Jason Taylor, better known as @HahnAmerica and the founder of EatPrayVote.org hosts a radio show along with @ChuckNellis and his wife @laweez to discuss the week in politics. They each will give the point of view from a moderate, a conservative, and a liberal. You can catch the most recent episode when you follow this link (as well as its preview) and older podcasts can be found here.
Here are some of the possible topics that I hope they discuss tonight…
- To try and get the Russian connection story out of focus, Trump lied about Obama bugging his phones. The bad thing is that some Republicans are hoping it is true. But can a case be made to impeach Trump due to such a fabrication? The media better not let it fade into the background like they do most everything else when it comes to Trump
- The Russia connection story still grew however considering it came out recently that:
- Sessions met twice with the Russian ambassador and lied about it when asked about it during Senate confirmation hearings
- Trump also met with the same man even though he lied about doing so when asked during the campaign
- Trump adviser Carter Page met with various Russian operatives over the summer under full authorization by Cory Lewandowski
- Those secret changes to the GOP platform that no one claimed at the time, well, Trump totally approved them
- Rachel Maddow has been discussing the infamous Trump dossier recently and it says that the entire Trump campaign were working with Russia during the hacking of our election
- Speaking of Sessions and his lie, he has tried to say he misunderstood the question. Seriously? Is there a case to remove him from the AG position? At least he had to recuse himself from any Russian investigation
- Hawaii is already challenging the new Muslim ban
- On the first full day of the new Muslim ban and the night before International Women’s Day, the lights that illuminate the Statue of Liberty went out. Coincidence, or the greatest trolling protest of all time? The same park commission that Trump battled regarding attendance of the Inauguration runs the monument, but they announced a power outage as the cause
- The plan for Trumpcare was released. Some GOP hate it because has anything to do with government involvement in healthcare. Obviously all Democrats hate it because it does less than Obamacare. Either way, it is a mess that would just be easier to alter the Affordable Care Act…especially since that is what the bulk of Americans wish would happen
- Considering that last sentence, does the GOP and Paul Ryan realize they work for said Americans? Apparently not because they would rather just do what their establishment overlords tell them
- War with North Korea on the horizon? They fired missiles towards Japan and said they were aiming for American military bases
- The Trump administration wants to dramatically slash the budget for the Coast Guard and the TSA, with the former cut by over $1 billion dollars. This is to try and fund his wall along the Mexican border. Do they not comprehend that those agencies being weakened will seriously affect America’s safety?
- Homeland Security is considering splitting up families when it comes to illegal immigration
- Alec Baldwin is considering giving up him Trump impersonation for NBC’s ‘Saturday Night Live’. Hope he changes his mind
These things and many others may be talked about on their show. A preview of the show can be read about here. Tune in and see, or better yet, call in and ask for yourself.