By Bobby M.
Every Wednesday night, Jason Taylor, better known as @HahnAmerica and the founder of EatPrayVote.org hosts a radio show along with @ChuckNellis and his wife @laweez to discuss the week in politics. They each will give the point of view from a moderate, a conservative, and a liberal. You can catch the most recent episode when you follow this link (as well as its preview) and older podcasts can be found here.
Here are some of the possible topics that I hope they discuss tonight…
- Do not know why everyone is excited about last night’s speech to Congress as Trump offered no details on anything
- All that was proven in that speech was to dispel any thoughts that he was illiterate because he did a great job of reading things off the teleprompter…things that he did not believe in
- His biggest lie of the speech was the turnaround on immigration. Everything he had done and said before the speech was completely the opposite
- Let us not forget that the days before it he blamed the military for Ryan’s death in the Yemen raid, while also trying to say anti-Semitic attacks of vandalism were all about trying to make him and his supporters look bad
- While it was a nice ovation for Ryan’s widow, what also should not be forgotten is how his father blames Trump for the death
- Can Trump stop blaming everything he can on the Obama administration?
- Another day, another unqualified cabinet nominee is confirmed. This time in Ryan Zinke for Secretary of the Interior
- The nominees for both the Secretary of Army and Navy withdrew their names from consideration
- Too bad DeVos did not do that considering she made a racist comment about how Historically Black Colleges were some of the original pioneers in “School Choice”, while not knowing what she was saying
- What the heck was Kellyanne Conway doing on the couch while Trump met with the Historically Black College leaders?
- It was lucky for the Trump administration that the Academy awards had their gaffe because it dominated the media for awhile
- Will Thomas Perez and Keith Ellison be able to turn the DNC into something that can take advantage of Trump opposition?
- John Kelly and Rex Tillerson’s trip to Mexico sure did not generate much buzz
- Neither did John Kasich’s meeting at the White House
- So Trump will break tradition and not be at the White House correspondence dinner even though the main goal of it is to raise money for scholarships in journalism
- He is doing that because of his lame grudge against the media where he calls it the enemy of the people
- Former President George W. Bush is really tearing into Trump lately
- This whole Russian connection talk has gotten out of hand due to what the truth is, but the Trump administration trying to get as many parties as possible to make counter announcements
- At least Representative (CA-R) Darrell Issa is not buying it when he said there should be a special prosecutor to deal with the investigation
These things and many others may be talked about on their show. A preview of the show can be read about here. Tune in and see, or better yet, call in and ask for yourself.