By Bobby M.
In case you missed any of the news from December 16th through December 18th, here is a brief recap regarding much of what happened. Not everything will have a hyperlink, so if you would like more information, please highlight and google it.
The biggest story on the weekend before Christmas involves all of the last ditch efforts people are trying to make to persuade the Electors to not select Donald Trump. This really took off after the FBI announced that they agreed with the CIA regarding Russia hacked the election because they wanted Trump to win. EatPrayVote.org made their own attempts at this giving a list of why the Electors should not pick Trump, as well as having a personal plea to them. The other major story of the weekend involved evacuations for Aleppo Syria finally taking place for the survivors. The rest of what is listed below may have been harder to hear about…
- Poll shows that majority of Americans want the Electoral college vote postponed until after the Electors get a full briefing on what happened with Russia. It also showed that people would be supportive if the Electors go ‘faithless’
- Zsa Zsa Gabor has died at the age of 99
- That naval drone mishap near China, Trump told them to keep it
- A humanitarian crisis is beginning to form in the Iraqi city of Mosul
- Senators push to broaden inquiry on election hacking by Russia to help Trump win
- Donna Brazile claims that Russia continued to try and hack into the DNC right through to Election day
- Donald Trump nominated an ambassador to Israel and many people came out opposed to the pick
- Arizona father finds two-year-old daughter on drunk Israeli stranger’s lap during suspected burglary in his living room
- 67-vehicle pileup kills 2, injures dozens outside Baltimore on 1-95 because of winter conditions
- A suicide bomber in Yemen disguised as a disabled man killed at least 48 people
- ExxonMobil successfully lobbied against a bill that would have made it harder for the next president to lift sanctions against Russia
- Information leaked showing Rex Tillerson, Trump’s pick to be Secretary of State, was the director of a US-Russia oil company based out of the Bahamas
- Star Wars Rogue One finishes their debut weekend earning 290 million globally
- Gunman kills at least 10 in Jordan near a popular tourist site
- Kentucky barn fire kills at least 23 horses
- Trump picks Medicare critic Mick Mulvaney to be White House Budget Director
- Twitter has a field day with Trump after he misspells unprecedented as ‘unpresidented’
- China’s state media has continued mocking Donald Trump after the ‘Unpresidented’ Tweet
- Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte threatens to pull out of agreement with the US after an aid package to his country is deferred.
- In last new episode of 2016, Saturday Night Live destroys Trump in their best work yet