By Bobby M.
Every Wednesday night, Jason Taylor, better known as @HahnAmerica and the founder of EatPrayVote.org hosts a radio show along with @ChuckNellis and his wife @laweez to discuss the week in politics. They each will give the point of view from a moderate, a conservative, and a liberal. You can catch the most recent episode when you follow this link and older podcasts can be found here. This week they will have a special guest in @LoranaHoopes who is also a contributing author to EatPrayVote.org.
Here are some of the topics that I hope they discuss tonight…
- It came out just after the election that Russia had been in deeper contact with the Trump campaign than originally known. That knowledge, on top of recent reports of the possibility of electronic vote tampering, makes one wonder how close his ties actually are to Putin
- Ryan looking to gut medicare and social security for tax breaks for the rich
- “Lock Her Up” investigation will not happen
- Melania and their son will not live in the White House until the Summer. Plus, it costs the city of New York a lot of money the more time he stays in Trump Tower
- Trump is going back on his word regarding ties with his business organization, raising the specter of conflict of interest and corruption
- More issues were raised regarding the Trump Foundation and the bribe paid off to Pam Bondi
- Most of his promises to those most loyal in his base have already been broken
- Potential cabinet members
- Mitt Romney as Secretary of State? Legitimate or just a chance for Trump to take a shot at him?
- The SNL skit and Trump’s feud with Alec Baldwin over it
- Trump’s unhinged behavior towards the cast of Hamilton, ignoring what they actually said and their 1st amendment rights, and how it was a distraction from the Trump University settlement
- Fraud settlement of 25 million, which is a fraction of what was owed and Trump even admitted it
- #GrabYourWallet protests and affect on holiday spending/Trump brand
- A possible Muslim registry
- All of the counts of hate towards minorities by various Trump supporters
- A Neo-Nazi conference in Washington, DC where the members gave a Nazi salute and yells of “Heil Trump, Heil Victory”
- The press legitimizing alt-right as opposed to calling them what they are, racists
- North Carolina governors race
- Should the Electoral college end given the results of the popular vote?
- Leadership of the DNC and Senate Minority
- North Dakota pipeline protest, of which Trump has equity in
These things and many others may be talked about on their show. A preview of the show can be read about here. Tune in and see, or better yet, call in and ask for yourself.